During the Riga Festival, traffic will be restricted; 11. novembra embankment will be closed.
During the festival from August 16th to 18th, approximately 100 different events will be taking place in the city. During this time traffic restrictions will be implemented, including on Monday, August 19th, when at 11:00 a.m. traffic will be closed to vehicles on 11.novembra embankment. The Riga City Council is asking residents to use public transport if possible to attend festival events. On August 17th and 18th public transport will be free.
Vehicle traffic will be closed:
- from 16.08 7:00 p.m. until 19.08 11:00 a.m. on 11. novembra embankment from Akmens bridge until Muitas iela, and on Bīskapa gāte, as well as on the parallel street of 11. novembra embankment from Jauniela until Poļu gāte;
- 17.08 from 6:00 a.m. until 9:00 p.m. on Alberta iela from Strēlnieku iela until Antonijas iela (except for diplomatic vehicles and Alberta iela resident vehicles);
- from 17.08 5:00 a.m. until 19.08 6:00 a.m. in Dome square (including bicycle rickshaws, electric vehicles and horse carriages), except vehicles with permits issued by event organiser and participants in the Rīga Retro 2013 parade;
- from 17.08 5:00 a.m. until 18.08 11:00 p.m. in the square by St. Peter’s Cathedral from Kungu iela (except vehicles with permits issued by event organiser and vehicles of residents of the buildings at Kaļķu iela 2, Grēcinieku iela 11, and Skārņu iela 7);
- from 16.08 7:30 p.m. until 19.08 6:00 a.m. on Kaļķu iela from 11.novembra embankment until Rātslaukums (Town Hall Square) (RTU car park), except vehicles with permits to enter Riga City Council car park and tourist busses entering the car park at Strēlnieku laukums (Riflemen’s square).
18.08 from 11:30 a.m. until 12:45 p.m. and from 10:00 p.m. until 11:30 p.m. in case of necessity traffic will be restricted or closed (except public transport):
- on 13.janvāra iela from Raiņa bulvāris until 11.novembra embankment;
- on 11.novembra embankment from 13.janvāra iela until Akmens bridge;
- on Uzvaras bulvāris from Valguma iela until Akmens bridge;
- on Akmens bridge.
From 18.08 6:00 p.m. until 19.08 8:00 a.m. AB dambis will be closed to pedestrians.
During these traffic restrictions vehicle traffic on Pils iela from Miesnieku iela until Dome square will be regulated.
16.08 and 18.08 from 12:00 midnight until 6:00 a.m. Vērmanes garden will be closed.
Stopping and standing of vehicles will be prohibited (except vehicles with permits):
- from 16.08 5:00 p.m. until 19.08 11:00 a.m. on 11.novembra embankment from Akmens bridge until Muitas iela and on Bīskapa gāte;
- from 16.08 7:00 a.m. until 19.08 11:00 a.m. in 11.novembra embankment bus park;
- from 16.08 5:00 p.m. until 19.08 11:00 a.m. on the parallel street of 11.novembra embankment from Jauniela until Poļu gāte;
- from 16.08 8:00 p.m. until 19.08 6:00 a.m. on Kaļķu iela from 11.novembra embankment until Rātslaukums (RTU car park);
- from 16.08 4:00 a.m. until 19.08 6:00 a.m. in Dome square;
- from 16.08 8:00 p.m. until 17.08 9:00 p.m. on Alberta iela from Strēlnieku iela until Antonijas iela (both street sides), except diplomatic vehicles.
18.08 from 11:30 a.m. until 12:45 p.m. and from 18.08 9:00 p.m. until 19.08 3:00 a.m. the Daugava aquatorium will be closed to boat traffic between Akmens and Vanšu bridges (except for vessels Jelgava, Horizonts, Misisipi, Vecrīga and Macklenburg, which shall remain docked at moorings no. 2, 14, 17 and 1).
17.08 from 9:30 a.m. until 6:00 p.m. and 18.08 from 10:00 a.m. until 6:00 p.m. the Daugava aquatorium will be closed to boat traffic between Vanšu bridge and Rīga Passenger Terminal (except vessels of event organisers).
17.08 from 9:00 am until 6:00 pm the City Canal will be closed to boat traffic between Bastejkalns and the Latvian National Opera.
18.08 from 3:00 p.m. until 8:00 p.m. the City Canal will be closed to boat traffic between the pedestrian bridge by the Freedom Monument to Krišjāņa Barona iela.
17.08 from 11:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. the Daugava aquatorium will be closed to boat traffic near Lucavsala park.
Please call the Department of Transportation specialist with any questions on +371 6701 2708 (during working hours).